If you're reading this, congratulations!
It means you survived another year of tribulations, trials, troubles, sufferings and afflictions...lol...
It's the first day of another 365 days, that everyone has agreed to call: "2024".
I do hope you have a happy, healthy, and honestly hardworking New Year.
However, there is NO GUARANTEE you will make it through this year, like you did the last.
James 4:14 Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
If, for some reason, death befalls you in 2024; I sincerely hope you'll spend ETERNITY with the Lord.
However, my hope won't come true; if your hope is not in the God of ALL hope!
IF someone's HOPE for heaven is rooted in the following ideologies and phrases, they are in a very dangerous position...
- I grew up in church.
- I'm good!
- Heaven sounds nicer than hell. God is nicer than Satan.
So, God wouldn't want to send us to a place that isn't nice!
- God is going to forgive everyone because He is a loving God.
- I've ALWAYS been a Christian.
- Hell isn't real, just invented to scare people.
- God will see that I'm not as bad as most people.
- I'm a pretty good parent, who took good care of my kids.
- God will understand that I've done more good, than bad.
- I grew up in a Christian home.
- I'm Catholic, so I'm good!
- I'm Methodist, so I'm good!
- I'm Baptist, so I'm good!
- I'm "fill-in-the-blank" with whatever, so I'm good!
- I trust science.
- I've never killed anybody.
- Hell is just for the real bad sinners!
(and of course, I'm not a real BAD sinner)
- I'm a pretty good person.
- I was baptized.
- I never missed church growing up.
When someone believes the above phrases, it demonstrates they have no hope of heaven when they die. It proves their hope is in what THEY have done or not done. The end result, will merit them hell instead of heaven.
God does NOT want that for you. God WANTS you to live forever with Him in eternity. The Bible says...
2 Corinthians 5:8 We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
However, in order to be present with the Lord, after your body dies you must believe that...
- You are a sinner, who is unrighteous in God's eyes.
- God must punish sin, and that you are deserving of God's punishment.
- God is holy, just and right for punishing sin.
- God is loving and merciful and sent His only Begotten Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, to die on Calvary's tree to PAY your sin debt IN FULL!
– Jesus Paid It All –
- God wants to forgive you, but God's transaction of forgiveness can't happy until there is REPENTANCE. The Bible says: except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
- God's gift of salvation is freely offered to whosoever would believe.
If you haven't already, I hope you'll trust in Christ alone and receive God's free GIFT of eternal life.
Remember: true, biblical salvation is about the work God did for man. It's not about the works man does for God.
Finally, eternity will be a lot happier and prosperous than 2024, so it's better to have a Happy ETERNITY, than a Happy New Year!
My desire is to have BOTH!
But if I had to choose one, I'd go with a Happy Eternity!
I may not see you in 2024, but I want to see you in Eternity!
Jesus Saves. Trust Him today!