Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
- A time to be born, and a time to die;
- a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
- A time to kill, and a time to heal;
- a time to break down, and a time to build up;
- A time to weep, and a time to laugh;
- a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
- A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;
- a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
- A time to get, and a time to lose;
- a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
- A time to rend, and a time to sew;
- a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
- A time to love, and a time to hate;
- a time of war, and a time of peace.
Whatever season of life you're going through now, it may seem like a long time, but in light of eternity, it's really not.
What you see today, is only a glimpse of time. Look to God to help you understand and through the season you're in, but always keep eternity in view.
Christians have eternal life, and there will come a day when time will no longer exist!
Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
If you're not a born-again Christian, the trouble you face "in time", will become drastically worse for you when you step out into eternity. Without Christ, you'll be separated from God for all eternity.
Consider these 4 verses in light of eternity!
Eternal life is a gift:
- Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Eternal life is for those that believe in and on Christ!
- John 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Eternal life cannot be lost. Once had, you'll NEVER perish.
- John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Eternal life is an ordination of God!
- Acts 13:48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordained to eternal life believed.
If you've not been ordained to eternal life, why not make today your ordination day!
Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.