The Old Testament prophet Isaiah was constantly mentioning the promise of a faithful remnant.
Consider the following phrases:
- a very small remnant
- the remnant of Israel
- the remnant shall return
- even the remnant of Jacob
- a remnant of them shall return
- recover the remnant of his people
- there shall be an highway for the remnant of his people
- the remnant shall be very small and feeble
- lift up thy prayer for the remnant that is left
- the remnant that is escaped of the house of Judah
- out of Jerusalem shall go forth a remnant
- the remnant of the house of Israel
As a matter of face, Isaiah named his son Shear-Jashub, which means: “the Remnant Shall Return”
What a "SIGN" and a testimony that must have been to the Jewish people, when Isaiah’s son walked into town!