Hebrews 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.
Thanksgiving is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to God.
The sacrifice we are privileged to offer God is the continual praise of His name.
Fruit is what God expects from his children, not just lip service.
Replace lip service, with life service.
Some Christians get good at knowing the 'lingo' to say, but never put into life practice the things God asks of his children.
You can offer praise to God continually, when you are actively involved in one or more of the following service activities.
Consider using your lips to offer thanks to God by...
- using your voice in the public arena, to witness for Jesus
- Fellowshipping with your church family and other like-minded believers
- attending your local church's prayer meeting
- entering into your own personal prayer closet
- attending church services and singing praises to His name.
- making an effort to be involved with the lives of those whom the Lord placed in your local assembly
- praying before each meal you've been blessed with
- enjoying family devotions
- taking the time to add some more ways you can use your lips to offer thanks to God.
Let's replace lip service, with life service!